Re: [NTLK] more doubts using mailV

From: R A Parker <QuadzillaNET_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Tue Oct 07 2008 - 22:23:00 EDT

On Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 6:10 am newton wrote:

> i have installed mailV in these days,
> too. but very strange and annoying
> things happened ...
>
> - in my in/out-box there are now
> some groups like this:
> and every group is containing a few
> mails?
>
> - although my settings says not older
> 1 day & not larger than 10k

I'm guessing that you're using IMAP and you've set Mail V to Browse (and
not Download). That scheme works a little different than POP's concept of
login and download. Filters also might not apply when browsing.

I'm sure the various folders are related to the IMAP server directories and
how Mail V handles messages that are stored in specific IMAP directories.
Probably unrelated to the server's actual date and time.

> mailV gets a strange, random-like
> selection from the server? (a lot of
> mails, which are weeks old ...)
> - on every reconnect mailV is always
> fetching a fix amount of 124
> e-mails from the server? i can read
> or delete some mails the amount
> keeps still the same?

I'm not very experienced with IMAP and Mail V. I did try it with newted.org
(whimper) and it looks like a very powerful capability. But with power
comes greater complexity.

Because of how I use my Newtons and my other email tools (My Yahoo!, my
WinMo phone) it made more sense to login and download as needed, then
disconnect.

You might want to try switching from Browse mode to Download mode and see
if this improves your experience. As I recall, you can still use IMAP, but
it will sort of mimic a POP connection (only faster). Filters should work
as well.

Best regards,

Ron

--
Sent using GoFetch and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
Fetch...Send...Stay... "Good Boy!"