Re: [NTLK] Poutine? (was: WWNC 2009?)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 02:14:31 EDT

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Andrei Chichak <newton@chichak.ca> wrote:

> The shop also has proper "squeeky" curds delivered fresh every
> Wednesday.

You know, I tried to make poutine years ago, here in Krakow, but I
have never succeeded in finding the squeeky curds. However, I have
recently discovered a _goat's) cheese that fits the complete
description of poutine cheese, with the exception that it is goat's
milk, not cow's milk. So, I'm asking you poutine experts, (Laurent?)
do you think it would suffice? or would the taste be too different?
I've been wondering this ever since we went to Zakopane this spring,
where i discovered it, but haven't asked until now (the squeeky cheese
comment sparked it).

(BTW, don't put "squeeky cheese" into the mail subject--it might
trigger a virus alert!) :-D

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland