Re: [NTLK] Fwd: [re the next NewtCon] all about Canada

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 17:45:56 EDT

Hi Jon:
Sorry, I disagree.  I have lived in Poland myself in Warsaw, by the way...  I was always amazed at how much regular Poles, Russians, Ukis, Czechs, etc. knew about Canada and the US.  Their sense of world history and culture is far beyond anything we learn here.  But we could disagree all day I guess.

The one thing that reaffirms things for me is when I speak with my American clients and more times than I care to remember, they don't even know what or where Vancouver is.  Sometimes I test them and ask them if they at least know where Montreal is and sometimes the response is that they have never heard of the city.  Yes, sounds silly but tis true.