Re: [NTLK] Knowledgenavigator

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Sun Sep 07 2008 - 09:03:38 EDT

On 9/7/08 8:54 PM, "Jon Glass" <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:
> claiming rarity for some common items

Jon, that is one of the most common "sins" I've seen on EBAY. To most EMAY
sellers of Apple merchandise, virtually everything is classified as "rare."
But folks, you know that is a flat out lie when you see the same
hardware/software listed on EBAY once a week, if not once every 24 hours.
At some point in the future, it would be nice to see EBAY ban the term
"rare" and phrases like "hard to find," even in cases where that may be a
truthful statement.

> I thought it fair, however, to give a bit more detail,
> so that people who hear about "problems" in the
> past are aware of their nature, and can
> compare with the present, and judge for themselves.

I myself certainly appreciate all the information you so kindly posted for
us. It's very helpful. I myself have actually pondered some of the items
he sells, such as a PCMCIA Blank Insert to fill one of my empty memory card
slots in a 2100.

On 9/7/08 1:21 PM, "Sonny Hung" <sonnyhung@gmail.com> wrote:
> This enhancement will *accelerate the unit 50%* from its original stock
> processor speed and is still configurable to be turned off at the flip of a
> switch when serial communications are necessary.

Be that as it may, if indeed you really do get a noticeable speed boost
without any sacrifices (e.g., a simple flip of a switch turns off the
booster gets serial functions back), why doesn't every single sensible
Newton user have one of these? Or are there other tradeoffs that were not
mentioned about this accelerator in your recent dialog?

Best,

James Wages