Re: [NTLK] 2010 fix

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Mon Sep 08 2008 - 20:14:48 EDT

On 9/9/08 8:02 AM, <rhonda@write-on.org> wrote:
> This fix is marked "alpha" and comes with all kinds of warnings, but
> several people have tested it as extensively as they are able and it
> seems quite effective.

But if that is true (and I believe it is), then why is it considered "alpha"
software? For indeed, Alpha version software is typically not usable at all
either due to bugs which plague it and/or due to it being "feature
incomplete." So if there are no major bugs and if it is largely "feature
complete," I would expect it to have been called "beta" or "pre-release"
rather than "alpha." But then again, perhaps the individual who programmed
it simply did not understand the differences between "alpha" and "beta"
software.

Best,

James Wages