Re: [NTLK] Swype keyboard input method

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2008 - 09:03:35 EDT

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM, L.W. Brown <lwb@mac.com> wrote:
> "ShapeWriter WritingPad is temporarily unavailable in the App Store/
> iTunes.
> "However an improved version 1.0.4 has been submitted and is currently
> "in review status so it should become available shortly in the App
> Store.
> "We appreciate your patience."

Considering Swype has some patents on this stuff (from what I gather)
I wonder how long WritingPad will stick around. Also, from the mention
that WritingPad doesn't work all that great, it seems like their
algorithms & word lists must not be as well tuned as the Swype one.

We'll see.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com