Re: [NTLK] time zone question

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 19:28:00 EDT

On Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 5:36 am Oliver Leaman wrote:

> One puzzling thing ... The time zone
> always has as the other city Tokyo
> Japan; even if I change it in the
> right sort of way, once the machine
> resets it returns to that default.

Just so you know, you're not crazy nor alone. I checked out a couple things which you referred to.

A) You probably know, Time Zones and the Clock get their "Local" time from the "Closest City" setting in the Owner Worksite preferences.

B) The Time zone app shows Two locations and Two times. The upper is the local time and the lower is your choice of an "Other City."

This "Other City" defaults to Tokyo and, Yes... resets to Tokyo after a restart. At least, on both of my Newtons, an eMate and my 2100.

> I cannot think why, I did set it to
> that once but you should be able to
> change the cities, shouldnt you?

Hence, the reason for bumping this thread... I too, would like to know why and how to get this setting to stick.

> It used to be possible, but not now.

Not sure... all I remember is that it has always said Tokyo.

> Hardly important but if anyone has
> any ideas, I would be grateful.

Perhaps a soup entry type of hack, maybe a script to set it. Personally, I would prefer New York.

Anyone else want to chime in?

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM