[NTLK] Fw: Re: Interesting Screen Anomaly on 2100, Anyone...

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon Sep 15 2008 - 02:51:27 EDT

--- On Sun, 9/14/08, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca> wrote:
From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Interesting Screen Anomaly on 2100, Anyone...
To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net

Hello:

Thanks so much again for all the help. I am going to try and get this on video
if possible. I don't see any indication of the LCD being damaged. In fact,
in most lighting condidtions these concentric rings are not visible, and the
Newton performs as new, no issues with screen input. I did notice that, if you
look at the Newton's screen from a certain angle, you can see some sort of
tinted layer that looks like an embedded screen protector. It comes close to
the edge of the unit but there is a clear separation. At first I thought it was
a screen protector but tis not.

It looks like it is embedded in the outer, mylar layer, as I can see a very
slight reflection of it off of the underlying glass. Take a look to see what I
mean. This piece of film, that looks embedded in the mylar, is most likely the
circuitry. Any comments?