Re: [NTLK] Printing and Faxing with the 2000U

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 20:49:14 EDT

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Scott Hoffman <hoffo@mac.com> wrote:

> That's what I've read in the archive and around the 'net -
> something advertised as specially
> designed to clean off the gunk which can accumulate on the rollers
> but if alcohol works... probably
> a lot cheaper.

I tried to buy some of the special chemical, but found I couldn't buy
it locally as it had been pulled due to the toxicity of it. I bought
one of the replacement Ink Jet roller cleaner kits and got home to
find it was just isopropyl alcohol, so returned it and just used the
big bottle I use for electronics cleaning.

Works fine, as always.

I've also discovered that roughing them up a little bit helps. I just
rub the rollers horizontally with a flat plastic tool, but not enough
to gouge.

> What about the waste ink accumulator, any issues with
> that? I've read that it's not
> serviceable.

I've not had problems with mine, but I can't say I won't.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/