Re: [NTLK] Does Belkin Serial Adapter work on Leopard?

From: Gareth Jan Wells <garethjwells_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 11:14:22 EDT

Hello Carlos

I had the same adapter (well the plain Jane PC version, but generally
the same device) and in my search for drivers, I found one on
Sourceforge that allegedly worked under OS X (OS 10.2 or 10.3?),
although that was prior to Leopard's release. No idea if it would work
in 10.5

There were a few issues with the driver (ie it it needed some tweaking
to work), but whoever wrote it may actually have got round to addressing
these problems. I couldn't get them to work myself, but I found
instructions on how to tweak the code on the web (a guy's blog
actually): unfortunately I have lost the details. Have you tried
googling Belkin Serial USB adapter?

Alternatively, the Belkin drivers work in OS 9 (so if you have an OS 9
emulator, it might work...) but as far as I know they never released as
OS X version. Worked fine in OS 9.

Good luck!

Regards

Gareth Wells

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:01:30 -0400, "Carlos Pessoa Filho"
<carlos.pf@mac.com> said:
> Hi all,
>
> In my endless mission to get my Newton 2000u connected to my Macbook
> Pro running leopard, I've just bought a Belkin USB Serial Adapter
> (F5U114-MAC).
> Is it compatible with Leopard? Do I need a special driver?
>
> Best,
> Carlos

  Gareth Jan Wells
  garethjwells@fastmail.co.uk