Re: [NTLK] News on my trusty ol' OMP

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 00:36:03 EDT

Hi Frank:

Please check the project page when you get a chance, this is archived there...

Here is how you can get glue off of pretty much any surface, particularly surfaces typically found on electronic devices:

You will need:

1. A wash cloth (dampened slightly with hot water)
2. A dry, soft cloth and another wet one
3. Organic dish Soap
4. Real, natural, room temperature butter

Take the damp wash cloth, and put a few drops of dish soap on it, and dip it in some butter. Then, like you are spit shinning military boots, rub all around the infected surface, concentrating on each little "quadrant". You need to rub enough circles in one spot such that the surface heats up from the friction of the cloth rubbing the surface. I would say about 35 circular rubs per area is enough... then move to the next part, and so on, until you have rubbed the entire surface (i.e. LCD). Be sure to keep dipping the cloth in butter and adding dish soap as you go along, and you may have to run some hot water over it again as well.

Then, after you are satisfied, take a clean, wet cloth and wipe off all of the soap and butter and other gunk from the surface. The best thing is to actually run it under warm water if you can and wash it off that way.

Anyway, once you are satisfied that you have wiped off all of the soap and butter, and the surface is free and clean, gently wipe it down with a try, soft cloth. Let is sit for a bit.

This will work very, very well. What you are doing is, by the action of circular motions, you are creating heat via friction. The heat loosens the glue from the surface, and the butter and soap bind to the glue (soap and butter attract lipids and other chemicals in glue). This will take off pretty much all of the glue from the LCD surface, and eliminate the problem you are having.

Please do let us know how this works out.