[NTLK] MP2100 turns off after 5-10 seconds

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 05:23:22 EDT

Hi Folks
Just recently my MP2100 has started turning itself off 5-10 seconds after
following turning it on. I have Heaven or Hell (HOH) set for running before
turning off and HOH starts after five seconds.

The problem doesn't recur after turning the MP2100 back on again. It only seems
to happen after leaving the unit off after a long time (say, longer than half an
hour).

I don't know if this helps but I also noticed that if I have been using the unit
plugged in to mains power for an hour or more, then it goes into a normal
shutdown procedure (i.e. HOH kicks in and then it powers off) shortly after I
pull out the plug.

A search through the archives revealed that the NOS 2.0 MP130's presented a
similar problem but this was fixed with a utility called FixTrax. However I've
not found a reference to the same problem effecting NOS 2.1 MP2x00s.

Anybody got any ideas as to why this might happen? I'm worried that I'm using
the power switch more than is necessary. TIA

Cheers

Tony.