Re: [NTLK] MP2100 turns off after 5-10 seconds

From: Don Zahniser <dzahniser_at_rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 08:40:41 EDT

On 4/5/09, Tony Kan wrote:

>Without much information to back this speculation, but I wonder if it is a
>side-effect of the 2010 bug? May be its effecting the Newton's ability to
>figure out how long its been switched on already?
>Tony
>
>> I have had a similar issue over the past few weeks with my MP2100. I
>> don't have Heaven or Hell installed. On mine, the symptom is
>> intermittent, and will recur occasionally after turning it back on.

I'm wondering if there is a system or application routine that is
accessing the alarms at turn-on, and which turns the Newton back off
under certain circumstances (perhaps related to the 2010 bug). I am
seeing the 'busy' box at the upper part of the screen appear just before
the Newton turns off.

 - Don