Re: [NTLK] 2010 Fix Alpha Testers Needed

From: Eckhart Köppen <lists_at_40hz.org>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 06:26:55 EDT

On Mon, April 6, 2009 10:50, James Wages wrote:
> So if I want to get rid of the old patch on my 2100, it's not simply a
> matter of freezing that package?

What comes to the old Fix2010, you can remove it like this:

1. Install the Y2010 Diagnostic tool:
<http://40hz.org/Pages/Y2010%20Diagnostic>
2. Launch the tool and Tap "Clear Alarms" - note, you will lose all alarms
in Dates and need to set them again!
3. Delete the Fix2010 patch package
4. Reboot the Newton

> In other words, if I freeze the original
> patch, my Newton may not boot and I will need to do a brain wipe? Or
> are you saying that would likely only be required on your new alpha patch?

For the old patch, if you follow the steps above, you don't need a brain
wipe.

The patch for which I'm now seeking alpha testers is a completely
different beast.

Eckhart