Re: [NTLK] Wacom Tablet (Bamboo)... Again

From: Larry Yaeger <lsynt2_at_beanblossom.in.us>
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 01:08:02 EDT

At 9:52 PM -0700 4/8/09, Ryan Vetter wrote:
>... what I don't like is the floating inkpad where, in Mail and Safari Beta, for instance, you have to write in the inkpad and then send the text to whatever application is frontmost (i.e. cursor flashing in browser field). That is a bit byzantine. Why can't I just write over top of things and have my writing sucked into that area? The answer is that inkwell is just not that far developed yet, and they have had years to work on it... ;(

The short answer is you don't have to do that. You *can* write anywhere and have the text flow to wherever the insertion point is. In fact, that "write anywhere" behavior *should* be on by default. Look in the "Ink" prefPane. (Or just try it.)

(But do enjoy only a minor variation on the Newton's font in that InkPad, and some extra editing capability, ala Newton. And check out the sketch pad mode of that window.)

- larryy