Re: [NTLK] Apple Newton Search Question

From: Karen Tang <Karen_Tang_at_bstz.com>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 18:08:10 EDT

Hi Matej,

Thank you so much for the email. The question I posted is for my
research project.

According to my understanding, if I search a text string in a Newton
device, Newton provides a "find" button for the search.

1. Do the build-in Newton applications have any metadata for their data?

2. Do you mean the text search is full text based? Do you know any
articles or functions talk about this?

3. Can the third-party applications provide metadata for their data? If
they can, how do the third-party applications conduct the search?

Thanks.

Karen