Re: [NTLK] [OT] StyleWriter 2200 giving up the ghost?

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 00:36:08 EDT

Happened to me too many times to recall - gave up on any printer built
that way.

On 25. Apr., 2009, at 22:59 PM, John Broughton wrote:

consumer grade printers have print heads separate from the ink tanks,
just as is the case with your 2200. One of the biggest causes of
printer failures in these printers, ..., is letting them sit for a
long period without use. What's a long period? I'd say from experience
that you don't want to let them set for more than a few days without
running something through them. Letting them sit without use allows
any residual ink in the print heads to dry and thus clog the tiny
print holes in the head causing a failure. These holes are extremely
small and difficult to clean.