Re: [NTLK] Geocities is closing down

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 08:38:10 EDT

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG@aafes.com>wrote:
> When are they closing down?

On Yahoo! India it stated:
However, we have decided to focus on helping our customers explore and build
relationships online in other ways. Beginning in March 2009

On Yahoo! USLater this year we will be closing all GeoCities accounts and
web sites. We'll send you more details this summer.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91221-GeoCities-Closing-Down
A specific closing date has not yet been announced but GeoCities is no
longer accepting new customers, although existing accounts will remain
unchanged for now. GeoCities parent Yahoo! said more details regarding the
shutdown will be coming this summer but in the meantime, the company will
help customers "explore and build new relationships online in other ways."

At least this is the info from a quick search...
Yeah I had a Geocities site a long time ago too... but it was a useless
site... nothing Newton Related.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung