Re: [NTLK] Apple Tablet Probably Imminent

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 02:08:54 EDT

Jon

If you go by Steve Capps comments, no they aren't:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/retromaccast/RetroMacCast_115__Steve_Capps_Part_1.
m4a

According to him, if there is any resemblance Apple does now to what has been
done before, it is only really obvious or coincidence.

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[SNIP]

Thanks to the Newton, Apple has a very high standard to live up to. I
don't know if they are even attempting it.

By now, we should be experienced with Apple enough to know that
whatever is announced (if anything _is_ announced) that it won't be
anything like what we are expecting. And by anything, I mean it. It
will probably be a living room appliance, designed to work with the
AppleTV, and not go out of the house, or something else nobody is
expecting. Don't get your hopes up for a tablet like we think of, or a
new Newton. It just ain't gonna happen.

BTW, if a netbook is too big for what you want, a tablet probably is
too. That's what iPhones and Pres are for. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland