Re: [NTLK] Ooops... The Y2010 Patch Remover killed my Newton's Wifi

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun Aug 09 2009 - 18:19:10 EDT

On Aug 9, 2009, at 12:11 PM, Eckhart Koeppen wrote:

> If you can reproduce the problem,

Yes, it happens right when I insert my WaveLAN card. "Sorry, a problem has occurred. (-48807)" The driver dosn't load and the card slip for the WaveLAN device doesn't open.

> please install Bug Trap from UNNA
> (<http://www.unna.org/view.php?/development/tools/Bugtrap>)
> and send me the note it produces.

I've got my eMate to work with. It should allow me to finish my 4MB Tools Flash Card. I can slap that tool on there too and see what I can get for you.

> Would be also good to note the
> ROM version you have now after
> applying the patch remover.

My ROM us now v2.1 717006-1

I'm working from the assumption that the (ahem... hacked) v1.08a of Hiroshi's WaveLAN is appearing not compatible with this factory ROM. All the other NIE packages don't seem to be an issue.

I can't remember how I updated to 731001, I thought I did that using Wifi too. But couldn't tell you what my 2100 was at before updating.

Some of the other ideas I'm considering:

Using Newt's Cape on the eMate to download the Y2010 ROM patch to my InOut box. Then moving it to the 2100 by beaming or using ATA.

Putting the real v1.0 WaveLAN driver on my ATA drive and replacing the one currently on my 2100.

I'm taking things slowly, right now. I can connect my eMate using Serial AppleTalk and ATA storage so that will (hopefully) help me overcome my boot strap issues. However, I sincerely do appreciate you "being there." I'm sure you're a busy guy and I will keep you posted.

Ron

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--
    |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
My name is RAParker. I own a Newton and a Mac.