Re: [NTLK] Eckhard's 2010 Patch

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 10:37:09 EDT

Something to keep in mind, if you create a date and alarm that is in
2010, the bug will bite you now. I ran into that by accident,
thankfully I realized quickly and took out the offending alarm right
that second before it really got bad requiring a clearing of the alarms
soup.

The MP2x00 patch has been around for a while now and no problems that I
know about (the
emate patch not as long). Also it is not a package patch now but a
system patch which is stored on internal no matter what you do therefore
configuration is not a consideration. My advice is to back up before
you do anything. Just to be safe. If you want to wait till the bug
actually bites next year that is fine, but just make sure you don't set
any dates with alarms in 2010 or you will have problems now. This is
the reason why I installed it now rather than later.

-Dan

On 8/9/2009 1:00 AM, wrote:
> Nope Not until about 18:00 on January 5th 2010 so I have a little time to see how others are doing and If all goes well I'll install it

*snip*