[NTLK] Lifehacker

Mr Jonathan Dueck jonathandueck at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 15:16:13 EST 2009

I've got this installed and really like it too. Notetaking is the biggest thing I'm really not satisfied with, in comparison to Newton utopia, on my iPod Touch, so I've been on a sort of quest to "get it right" lately, and Notetaker is the best I've tried. (WritePad does work well, too, but seems a little slow in practice for me.)

I've also tried and like Tanzaku Pad, which has nice drawing tools, cut and paste, and works with an "endless scroll" concept. But when you export that "endless scroll" as an image, it scales longer "scrolls" down so that the text is nearly unreadable. Since all my notes eventually end up in Evernote, and Tanzaku's exported notes are kind of gibberish in Evernote, Dan Bricklin's neat app wins for now, for me.

I hope, though, that Evernote will release an ink notes interface on the iPhone / iPod Touch. That would go a great distance towards solving the notetaking problems of those devices, since (I think) Evernote's ink notes are stored as vectors (not to mention HWR'ed for search by Evernote's servers--not very reliably for my chicken scratches, though).

Cheers,
Jon