[NTLK] 2010 patch: an urgent question

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Mon Dec 14 21:09:41 EST 2009

On 12/15/09, Lord Groundhog wrote:

>While I'm on the subject, my Newts (which I MUST patch this week) say "ROM
>Version 2.1 (710031)-1".  Two of them, I've had for a fair while -- one from
>2005.  I have no knowledge of how either of them could have gotten the
>710031 patch; I've never been told by a seller that he'd patched any Newt I
>have, and I've never patched one.  Was 710031 even available before 2005
>July?  If not, what's on my Newts?  And what should I do about it, since I
>can't see how it could be the patch I'm supposed to be removing?

Paul Guyot did the 710031 OS patch.  Looking at the Kallisys page, the
710031 patch dates to 2000.  It incorporates the Dates/Find bug fix; I
don't recall seeing that it does anything else.  There is a separate
Dates/Find bug fix package that is still available from Avi Drissman's site:

<http://www.drissman.com/avi/newton/>

HTH...

 - Don