[NTLK] MP 2000 Won't Detect Card

Gary McQueen GMMcQueen at netscape.ca
Wed Dec 30 11:41:05 EST 2009

Okay, solved my own problem, and probably should have waited before
posting it in the first place.  However for the sake of other newbies
who may encounter the same problem, here's what I did .... I removed the
battery and left it overnight sans power; it worked after that.

I've noticed that solution had worked in the past with another problem
(the Newton not turning on at all), so I decided to give it a go even
though I had already tried pressing the reset button.

Now that I think of it, it must be something about handheld devices ...
my previous Blackberry (for work) occassionally had to be reset by
removing the battery, although it didn't require an extended amount of
time without power to solve a freeze.  At least my Windows PC just needs
a reboot occasionally, without the need to unplug from the wall;-)

-- Gary McQueen