[NTLK] Video of Handwriting Recogntion

From: Frank Lowney <frank.lowney_at_gcsu.edu>
Date: Sun Feb 01 2009 - 14:34:35 EST

Yes, I've been collecting up old videos on the Newton as examples of
podcasting. Here is the address to my Newton channel:
iTunes.app reguired:

itpc://podcasting.gcsu.edu/4dcgi/podcasting/gcsu/channels32267/4126.xml

... or if your system doesn't know itpc://, use:

http://podcasting.gcsu.edu/4dcgi/podcasting/gcsu/
channels32267/4126.xml ;only one extra step

One of these video podcast episodes is on handwriting recognition and
Chinese.

The problem with the Einstein simulator in this case is that a mouse
is no where near as usable in handwriting as a stylus. I wonder if I
can use my Wacom tablet?

BTW, if you know of any other good quality video featuring the Newton
that I can snag, I'd be glad to add them to this channel.

FBTW, can anyone point me to ways and means to subscribe to a podcast
and download/play episodes on Newton? Porting the iTunes.app is
probably out of the question. Not even the iPhone or iPod touch can
do these things though Apple seems to be creeping up on it slowly.

On Feb 1, 2009, at 12:30 PM, Matt Howe wrote:

> A quick display of hand writing on a notepad showing the actual
> recognition
> process. Use the notepad to introduce a slide/static view of
> original apps
> then a new notepad to announce the "new modern" apps this would show
> the
> evolution of our green friend I think.
>
> Matt (Ducky) Howe
> Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
> SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
> matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
> http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
>

> Frank Lowney wrote:
> <clip>
> Your thoughts on that are most welcome.
>
> Oh yes, there's one more thing: Since this is just the intro to a 20
> minute presentation, I'll have to keep the time on this clip down to
> 1-2 minutes.
> <clip>

Dr. Frank Lowney Georgia College & State University
     Senior Director for External Projects
        and Assistant to the Director, Digital Innovation Group @
Georgia College
     Web Enabled Resources,
     GCSU Library and Instructional Technology Center
     E-Mail: frank.lowney@gcsu.edu -- frank.lowney@me.com
     Professional Pages: http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~flowney
Voice: (478) 445-5260
NOTICE: Please be advised that I am hearing impaired and communicate
most effectively via e-mail. Follow-up summaries of telephone
conversations by e-mail are most appreciated.