[NTLK] HELP: ATA driver?

From: jayman6988 <jayman6988_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 00:52:57 EST

Hello:

I am new to the Newton/eMate community, and I'm
looking for a simple way to get information out
of my new eMate to a Windows XP laptop.

I have learned about serial cables and NCU
software and slowdown. So I think that might work
once I get my cables and new eMate.

However, I was doing some surfing and came across
a reference to:

Paul Guyot's ATA driver for NewtonOS
NOTE: There was a photo of some compact flash
cards and a PCMCIA adapter.

So, could I use a CF card and an adapter, to move
information from the eMate to my laptop just like
a thumb drive? I do have all this hardware. CF
Cards, PCMCIA adapter, and a card reader for my
laptop.

Can anyone help?

Please note: I am NOT a computer programmer. I am
just a poet/writer and gadget geek who loves my
new eMate.

I just want to move txt files to my Windows XP
laptop. I don't know how to write code or do
anything fancy. But I can follow step by step
directions and ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks

J.Sternickle