Re: [NTLK] Any tips on using Mail V? This is my first email o

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon Feb 16 2009 - 04:38:15 EST

Ok...

So POP3 is the incoming mail server, and the SMTP is the outgoing mail server... weird... As soon as I took off Mail V, and installed Simplemail, none of my emails would send, and I could not receive any emails, just POP ERR and 530 error messages. Then, I went into the owner info slip and changed the POP3 server drop down to IMAP, and now I can send emails no problem, but still can't receive any...

No error messages when trying to receive emails, just connects, gets IP, works for a few seconds, then disconnects.

Authentication is a must for Yahoo.

"Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you will not be able to use it to access your Yahoo! Mail messages."

Any suggestions?

Ryan