Re: [NTLK] Wifi Cards and Browsers

From: Riccardo Mori <rick_at_poc.it>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 06:40:27 EST

L.W. Brown wrote:

> I swear I recall a conversation along these lines from 2 or 3 years
> ago, wherein it was stated that the WiFi card out of the original
> AirPort base unit (not the Extreme, etc.) was a Lucent WaveLan Silver
> (which I later confirmed from my own comatose unit), and therefore
> that they would work in the Newt.
> What may not work (I simply do not know) is the Apple WiFi "AirPort"
> card from inside a notebook...

Yes, the first version of the Apple AirPort _Base Station_ (the
Graphite one) contained a Lucent WaveLAN Silver WiFi Card. You can see
it in this image:
<http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/Framework.cfm?page=/basestation/Pages/Image3.html

That can be removed and used in the Newton. The original Apple AirPort
Card can't be used. I tried some time ago, the card would enter the
slot but not physically connect at the end of it, if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days
<http://systemfolder.wordpress.com>