Re: [NTLK] Any tips on using Mail V? This is my first email o

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 15:46:46 EST

Hi:

Can someone or a few of you, when you get a chance, post your successful mail configs so I can get a visual (i.e. owner info>incoming/outgoing/advanced settings)?

I phoned yahoo, and found this, but nothing works:

"You need not buy mail plus for pop access, it's free for .ca accounts. POP access is available for Yahoo! Mail users with an email address ending with ".ca" who signed up for Yahoo! Delivers.

1. Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.ca (no SSL, port 110)
2. Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.ca (no SSL, port 25 or 587)
3. Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail name (your address without
the "@yahoo.ca")
4. Email address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (for example, user@yahoo.ca)
5. Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
6. Use PASSWORD authentication on your setup or preferences screen for your mail client.
7. Check that you signed up for Yahoo! Delivers by going to link http://subscribe.yahoo.com/deliver?.redi...

I get a ERR-popgate when setting pop to use port 110, even after signing up for Yahoo! Delivers. So anyone using gmail or yahoo please post your settings.

Thanks.