Re: [NTLK] Any tips on using Mail V? This is my first email o

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 23:04:00 EST

On Monday, February 23, 2009 at 3:14 pm Marius Hristache wrote:
>> Add port :587 to your SMTP
>> server, I had to... in order
>> to send.

>> smtp.mail.yahoo.com:587

> Thank you very much, is working.

You're very welcome.

For the rest of the world: This is related to the fact that the big networks (Yahoo) will block the normal SMTP (send) Port 25 (to prevent SPAM-Bots) and they will offer users an alternate SMTP port on 587.

Now, on to the next issue... I'm coming for ya... Mr. RV.

Ron

P.S. Only my Mommie calls me Ronnie

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
     |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM