Re: [NTLK] [OT] eBay sniping

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 11:19:55 EST

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG@aafes.com>wrote:
> I thought that sniping was a bid made very late (maybe 1 second before
> the
> end) by a ebay sniping computer program, used so that they can *just*
> outbid
> the winner by a teeny bit.
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:

> To me it was holding off on bidding (so that you didn't drive the price
> up during the auction) and then trying to outbid the ongoing low amount
> at the very last second. ;)

Yes,

Sniping brings to mind the following things
1) You are biding as close to the last second as you can with your bid (or
highest bid)
2) You are giving others no time to respond to your bid
3) You are (at least for me) trying NOT to raise the price of the item so
that when you snipe you can purchase it as low as possible.

There are to many people who purchase stuff at an overinflated prices.
Other pay higher prices not knowing what they are actually worth.
Sniping initially was done manually but for me it was too tiring and also
problematic with eBay being hit with numerous other bidders at the same time
ones bid would often get lost if you waited to long because the system would
not see it in time :/
I've used the software for sniping but you still get back to the same basic
rules what's your maximum price you want to pay. I use it hoping that the
price wont' go too crazy that's all. Especially if you have a budget you
want to stay within... ^_^,

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung