Re: [NTLK] Fix2010 code release

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu Jan 01 2009 - 04:49:00 EST

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Chris Beiser <ctbeiser@gmail.com> wrote:
> By such, I did not mean to credit the internet's creation to the FOSS
> community. But without it, I have doubts we would still have an internet at
> all.

I tend to think it's the other way around. Were it not for the
internet, there would be no FOSS community. It could not exist without
the internet. One could say that the relationship is symbiotic, but
even Mozilla was a relative late-comer, and built on "non-free" (by
the FOSS definition) software--Mosaic and Netscape.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland