Re: [NTLK] 2010 BRIX

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 14:17:10 EST

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM, L.W. Brown <lwb@mac.com> wrote:

> Now that we know the 2010 fix "isn't,"
> does anyone have a suggestion for unbricking my 2 2100s???

Have you tried booting them without packages activated? If not, try
the following (from <http://support.apple.com/kb/TA34798>):

1. Reset the Apple MessagePad.
2. Turn the Apple MessagePad over and hold the pen down in the left
1/4-in. of the screen. Please note that the left edge is based on the
display orientation. Keep the pen down until you see a message asking
if you want to activate the packages in the internal memory (stor).
[This process can be complicated if a password (PIN) is active, see
note below. For better results turn off all password access.]
3. Select "No."

You should then be able to freeze or delete the Fix2010 package and
reset your MessagePad again.

If you aren't even able to get them to boot, have you tried removing
all power (batteries & adapters) and leaving them for a while,
restoring power, and then trying to get them to boot?

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/