[NTLK] FS Newton Bits and Pieces

From: Dave Bellamy <dave_bellamy_at_me.com>
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 19:17:13 EST

Hi All
In an effort to clear some space (and generate some much needed cash
for a poverty stricken doctoral student) I am selling off my Newton
collection. I don't really use it anymore and despite my efforts to
change my work flow to accommodate the Newton I can no longer justify
having it. Thought I would offer it to the list before it goes on eBay
or TradeMe.

Its not a big collection but includes in no particular order:

  - Messagepad 2000 (none upgraded) in good condition with box
  - Messagepad 2000 (upgraded to MP2K and also a SER-001 port all
installed by JK Sales) in good condition
  - Newton keyboard and canvas carry case
  - one of the strange little serial adapter things for plugging the
Newt into the keyboard etc
  - a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter
  - 1 power adapter
  - 1 battery tray
  - 2 battery packs (one recelled about 5 years ago and one original -
not sure whether they hold a decent charge anymore though)
  - Wavelan Bronze Turbo WiFi card
  - 2 CF cards (256 and 64) plus two PC Card adapter
  - PC Ethernet card
  - 2 PC card blanks
  - PC Card modem (Xircom 33.6)
  - Pico Card bluetooth PC Card
  - Linksys WPC11 WiFi card (this didn't work with the Newton if
memory serves)
  - 4 PC Card memory cards (20(X2), 16, 32 megs each I think)
  - GPRS PC Card (need to add a Sim card and work out the correct
script and the Newton will be able to access a GPRS cell network)
  - Defying Gravity - excellent book (a little worn but inside is
still in excellent condition)
  - Newton's Law - A Digital Nomads Guide - another really excellent
book, just a shame the second version never saw the light of day
  - the usual collection of floppy disks and user guides
  - a NewtBoot carry case and a Kathmandu case (not specifically
designed for the Newton but a good fit never the less)

I think that's pretty much it. I have posted some (not very good
photos) at http://gallery.me.com/dave_bellamy#100008

I am not sure what (if any) value these items have anymore so happy to
negotiate. I am in New Zealand so shipping would need to factored in
to any offers, though these are small and light items so it shouldn't
be too expensive. Free shipping or even pick-up for any Kiwis in
Auckland.

***I also have a Palm i705 for anyone looking for a piece of wireless
handheld history. Boxed with accessories. Happy to trade for a Treo
270 in good condition***

Cheers

Dave
Auckland, New Zealand