Re: [NTLK] Redefining the Newton

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jan 10 2009 - 17:09:34 EST

Hello,

--- On Wed, 1/7/09, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:

>I don't know how Paul's software works with the Newton soft, but only the >cursive recognizer learns from your writing. If you have the printed >recognizer turned on, it doesn't learn from you.

Is there a known reason why the "Learn" capability wasn't paired with printed writing as it is with cursive?

Were there hardware/software considerations? Or did Apple simply feel that the print recognizer was "good enough" as it was and that most users would employ cursive writing anyway?

Best,

James Fraser