Re: [NTLK] too Quiet on the List(Pippin)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 08:37:54 EST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM, <Reilly001os@aol.com> wrote:
> I don't have anyone international to SMS so I wasn't aware of that problem with tmobile (not wanting to forward international SMS). I also am not aware of available carriers in Poland (I did see your signature) so I assumed by your talk of sprint you were using them (and I assumed they had operations in Poland).

Unfortunately, Sprint only works in the US--at least their PCS, or
whatever they call it. When we flew over last time, I accidently
brought my Sprint phone with me, instead of with my parents, whom I
had given it, together with a contract for them. Trust me, I _tried_
to use it. ;-) But never a signal, despite the fact it had a SIM card
slot, and the card would be recognized. (It was a Nokia phone.) Of
course, I never really expected it to work at all, but was curious to
see if maybe it had a GSM radio.... no dice. I don't even know if
Sprint has any kind of world-wide roaming agreement--don't see how
they could.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland