Re: [NTLK] too Quiet on the List(Pippin)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 02:25:45 EST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Dennis B. Swaney <romad@aol.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, have you had a chance to try it using T-Mobile in
> Germany? I'm wondering if they use the same network protocols as the
> U.S. subsidiary.

I don't know anybody in Germany who may be using T-Mobile. However, I
do know that T-Mobile has roaming contracts with Era in Poland.
(including T-Mobile in the US). I have presumed that _this_ was the
reason our SMSs didn't get through.

And I'll add for Paul (Hi guy! Long time no hear on the list!),
Jonathan's phone is a tri-band, but the third band is probably the one
for hi-density areas, whereas he lived rather rural. My Treo (yes, a
Treo) is a quad, so I'm looking forward to the possibility to
"SIM-card roam" our nest State-side. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland