[NTLK] Cleaning out stores

From: Gregg Aydelotte <graydelotte_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 00:10:53 EST

I've really been enjoying the list (and my Newtons), doing a lot of
searches, choosing and tracking down pkgs, etc., but I'm beginning to
want to clean out the previous owners items that I can't use (or don't
know much about). When I go to file internal storage, I see some things
that I don't see under any other view, i.e. they don't seem to be
packages/applications, but maybe some part that was needed for a former
application. I have things like NewtHack, Equate Data, DNS Cache, Labs
(probably part of Transcriptionist), NewtWork (but no Newtworks app),
Geeksafe: NTOP (ok, I installed Geeksafe:what is NTOP?). I see that some
recognized packages have storage, such as Names, Dates, etc., so I
figure these are just the data files for what I've stored. Any advice on
these would be appreciated. I'm trying to get everything tweaked to my
liking. It's pretty exciting to get a new package and see what it does,
although I usually search the archives first.
I'm currently enjoying "The Message" KJV from David Fedor, Paperback
from same, Geeksafe, PIMple, Hilite2000, Punctpad, Roosta, Card Eject,
and CardMEDIA.
G.R. Aydelotte