Re: [NTLK] NCX & Leopard

From: <rhonda_at_write-on.org>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 13:04:25 EST

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:40:44 -0500, Ian P. Currie wrote:

>> I'm not sure you're supposed to set the port - or that you can.
>
> Indeed - in my case, this was not a relevant concern, because even with
> the firewall off, I can't get a connection.

I wonder if that's a powerbook vs. macbook thing? I have a powerbook G4
using 10.5.6 - same software, different hardware, as the OP, Doug. Or a
USB/serial vs. ethernet thing. I haven't tried ethernet.

I do remember that when I was playing with my ethernet card and my
newton, it would frequently not be able to connect to old NCU in
classic, or to my ethernet/appletalk capable printer, and other times
it would connect just fine. That unreliability is a large part of why I
haven't used the ethernet card for a long time.

-Rhonda