Re: [NTLK] Battery tray "replica" - is there interest?

From: <info_at_punkt-x.de>
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 04:41:24 EDT

Hello James, hello other friends of the MP :-)

well, that's just an idea, not yet a real plan.

As I own such a unit (usable as a blueprint) and know some
manufacturers (I'm no myself!),
I first wanted to find out how many people might be interested and
which price would be acceptable.

I'm so realistic to know that there will be no profit to make...

And my first impression: production costs might be higher than any ROI.

Just another tip of loading the cells:
I guess there are some special chargers, mainly used for
video-batteries, which can recognize the number of cells in several
units and do charge in appropriate manner.

You see I'm no expert in electronics or electric affairs. But at
least I've some experiences.
So I could charge my NiMH-cells of an elder Powerbook with that
charger having no problems.

Maybe such a solution might be more secure and doesn't request taking
apart the unit?

Best regards
Stefan