Re: [NTLK] Dare / plea

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 23:57:08 EDT

I.....
Although not a lurker, I have been on this list for a long long time.
Back when planet newton had the list. I might have been off for a few
months at one point, it was brief and I actually have all my email from
the list.

I bought my first newt in the mid 90's. A 120 shortly after the 130 was
released. I bought it second hand but it had only been used once since
the doctor bought it then upgraded to a 130. Found it by looking though
the Usenet groups and the guy was advertising it. Loved that 120 still
have it (OS 2.0). used it for a long time. But when the 2000's came
out I went looking around and found another deal. Again on Usenet for a
mint 130 (someone had bought it and just upgraded to a 2000).

About this time I found planet newton and joined the list. I got a lot
of use out of those Newts (and still have them). I so drooled over the
2x000's and thought I would never have one. I bought several items from
Club Mac (they had a Club PDA section for awhile). Then the newton was
steved and I was certain I would never get a 2x00 and that it would just
disappear from the earth as it was not out near as long as the other
versions. But the list continued, and then in 2002 J&K sales started
selling newts (found out about them via the list) and had a few a near
mint newt for a good price. I grabbed one and actually and they
actually sent me a 2100 by accident. :) And although it didn't have
the back clips like it was suppose to, I kept it as I got it at the
2000's price (yes I did call them about the error).

A year or so down the road I got 2 emates on a liquidation deal (thanks
to the list), which need new battery packs now but otherwise are in
great shape.

Anyway over the years I have contributed here and there when I could.
It is certainly a great community and one I am glad to be apart of.

-Dan