Re: [NTLK] More MacPad Rumors

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 15:55:49 EDT

From: Morgan Aldridge

Notable quote:
"Are software touchscreen keyboards good for everyone? Certainly not.
But this is another aspect of the Apple Way. Apple tries to make
things that many people love, not things that all people like. The key
is that they're not afraid of the staunch criticism, and often
outright derision, that comes with breaking conventions."

This is what confused me about Apple. They will make some amazing
computers in forms and fashions that push the envelope on a regular
basis, but not one attempt at a tablet Mac in all these years despite
obvious want for one? They can make three sizes of the aluminum
powerbook line, but not try one tablet variant?

I do agree with you, I think the iPhone and tablet devices like that
will probably warm people up to the screen interface idea a bit more.
Maybe a large majority were not ready for a full tablet Macintosh.
Perhaps with their time on the iPhone they might give a tablet Mac a
try.

Doc Clu