Re: [NTLK] credit where it's due, was: More MacPad Rumors

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 12:49:26 EDT

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Lord Groundhog<LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> OTOH, I have to say that OS9's Finder still is what I think of when I think
> of a "Finder" -- the OSX implementation is a pale and crippled imitation,
> all mouth and no trousers.

I used to think so (especially in the days of 10.2), but I've come to
appreciate and even love the Finder, and have been able to squeeze
more out of it than out of the Classic, OS 9 Finder (my favorite
before). I no longer consider the Tiger or Leopard Finders lame,
although Tiger's Finder can't search as well as Leopard's. Are there
things I wish it could do? I guess, I know that Nautils has a couple
tricks up its sleeve (right-click disk images from folders or disks,
and right-click burning of CDs/DVDs, to name one or two), but overall,
when I'm in Windows mis-named Explorer (more like seek, and ye shall
not find), or any one of the Linux file managers, I really miss my
Finder. ;-) Oh, and I notice that KDE 4 has implemented the Finder's
column view (which, as you well know, comes from Next). I almost never
use any other view. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland