Re: [NTLK] More MacPad Rumors

From: Zachary McCord <zack112358_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 15 2009 - 15:18:41 EDT

An acquaintance of an acquaintance (who actually has a name that I
will not divulge and is a real person) has worked for Apple on a
prototype oversized-iPhone type device. If I recall correctly, the
hardware design and prototypes for it exist(ed), but the claimed
stumbling block is creating software for the device that will seem
innovative enough to make a splash, as Apple is unwilling to release
"just a biggie-sized iPhone" or "just another tablet" – like how they
never released a vanilla multi-button mouse.

Whether this means it's just around the corner or a long ways off, I don't know.