Re: [NTLK] Off Subject Apple(Doesn't)Care

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 01:47:32 EDT

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Miro Copic<miroc@verizon.net> wrote:
> Yes, but if the display is, actually, damaged by a pressure/accident, no
> local AppleCare service will be able to replace it under warranty, and -
> as such - the part cannot be replaced under the exchange price either
> (lower
> than "retail").
> All major parts have to go back to Apple, and  they are
> checked upon arrival. Your local Apple service provider will be charged
> full retail price if a damaged part is replaced under warranty.

IMO, the key is to ask for all the other repairs _but_ the screen....
Those should be warranty, right? Then, once that's done, do the
screen, but save the screen for last--or do it yourself. I like doing
these things myself. I've done all my PowerBook repairs myself, and
enjoyed every one of them. :-D

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland