Re: [NTLK] Off Subject Apple(Doesn't)Care

From: G Henry Taylor <henrytaylor_at_att.net>
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 08:03:40 EDT

On Jul 17, 2009, at 7:00 AM, Gerry Martinez wrote:

> I had an issue with my PowerMac a couple of years ago, I took it
> into the
> Apple Store in San Antonio for a fan problem and they seriously
> scratch the
> side of the acrylic. Applecare was going to send a technician to my
> house to
> replace the case but there were no new cases to be found. So.....
> they sent
> me a BRAND NEW Desktop MacPro! So in my experience, Applecare has
> been worth
> it!
> Gerry in San Antonio

I have a similar story with an iBook and AppleCare. Old iBook G3 700
had the video problem. Sent back to Apple seven (7) times and still
the problem. Apple finally replaced it with a MacBook, 1st gen. Gave
it to my youngest, he still has it.
I'm one of the lucky ones. This was 3 or 4 years ago.
As Matt stated in his story, it may be a sign of the economic times. I
certainly hope not.

Henry