Re: [NTLK] New Article on Pen Computing

From: R A Parker <QuadzillaNET_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Sat Jul 18 2009 - 22:43:00 EDT

On Monday, July 13, 2009 at 10:58 am Ryan Vetter wrote:

> Interesting, mentions the Newton.

<http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/13/entelligence-why-the-pen-isnt-mightier-t
han-the-keyboar/>

It is interesting and brings up some valid points. I have always believed
that "Touch" would be the ultimate end to a means, with computer input,
since first seeing (touching?) HP's "Touch Screen" technology in the early
80's.

Pen input (HWR) may eventually give way to other input methods. However,
for me and my Newtons, it will never completely disappear. When technology
catches up and paper-like displays become more readily available and
cheaper, I still see the possibility of pen/pad/HWR making a resurgence.

As devices become smaller and more powerful, touch and voice will also
become more intuitive, simpler and faster. Imagine a handheld device
powerful enough that you can record a meeting with multiple participants,
and, with a touch of your finger, a few minutes of processing, be reviewing
a fully typed, written transcript, instantly.

--
Sent using GoFetch and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
Fetch...Send...Stay... "Good Boy!"