Re: [NTLK] OT Palm Pre

From: Mr. David M. Ensteness <denstene_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 23:48:18 EDT

The distinction that was made to which I replied was a technical one,
not one of perception. That said I do believe it is meaningful to the
end user, if it were not a multitasking OS e-mail from POP & IMAP
accounts would not continue to come in, Safari would (in it's current
implimentation) not retain your open web pages and pages would not
complete loading while returning to the home screen (it would however
release it's used memory), the iPod would stop playback ... Oh and you
wouldn't receive phones calls -- this last one would cause some
issues. There would be material differences, also and perhaps most
importantly, the user would be able to dramatically harm general
performance & responsiveness by accident.

-DME