Re: [NTLK] Slightly OT: Could some English native speakers kindly have a look at this document? (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Stechele, Jason A Mr CTR USA MEDCOM MCAHC <jason.stechele1_at_us.army.mil>
Date: Wed Jul 22 2009 - 14:13:23 EDT

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Seems ok to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of Frank Gruendel
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:17 AM
To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
Subject: [NTLK] Slightly OT: Could some English native speakers kindly
have a look at this document?

Hi gang,

I labeled this post "slightly OT" because it doesn't have anything to do
with Newtons, but might
help to keep pda-soft.de online.

A couple of days ago a company called Linkstar UK Limited got in touch
with me because they were
interested in my placing a link on my keyboard disassembly page. They
appear to be willing to pay
USD80.00 per year.

Unfortunately, my financial situation has become worse a couple of
months ago. This, and the fact
that the requested link would be a plain innocent text link to
www.o2.co.uk that readers of the
keyboard disassembly page would hardly notice at all, tempts me to do
this.

Of course, I did some research regarding Linksys, and as expected one
can read positives and
negatives about them. My personal impression is positive. All questions
I had were answered very
fast, competently and by a human being.

I assume that the reason behind this is that O2 has hired Linkstar to
improve their search engine
ranking. I do not see anything wrong with this. It's not that different
from having flyers printed
and put in people's mailboxes to get known.

I am aware that such a link might make my own ranking worse, but I don't
really care. People who
want to find this info will eventually find it regardless of my ranking.

I had a look at their Terms and Conditions document, and I found it easy
to understand even for a
German. However, not being a native speaker, it just might be that I
would be missing some trap or
pitfall. This is the reason for this post. Could those of you who happen
to have some knowledge of
legal issues have a look at this document and tell me off-list what they
think?

        http://www.linkstar.co.uk/terms.pdf

Thanks a lot in advance

Frank