Re: [NTLK] App porting

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Thu Jul 23 2009 - 07:37:38 EDT

> I'm going to "attempt" to build firefox for the newton.

Snip...

> and what features would be considered necessary.

Imagine trying to run an application like Firefox on a PC that has less than 4MB RAM on board and is
running at 167 Mhz. The .exe and the .dlls of my Firefox installation alone are more than 13MB.
Starting Firefox reduces the available physical memory on my PC by about 40MB.

So as an educated guess I'd say such port isn't worth the effort because it is almost certain to
fail.

That being said, in my humble and unimportant opinion a must-have for a halfway usable web brower on
the Newton would be CSS, frames and javascript.

Frank